Friday, January 15, 2010

Genesis 3.5: Intermezzo

If you are a major league pitcher and you have a 100 mph fastball, good hitters can still hit it out of the ball park. It's good to mix pitches sometimes, it keeps the batters guessing and overall makes for a better game.

My son is a senior in college. We talk almost every day. He really enjoys living life his way I think. When I was a college student I enjoyed myself immensely as well. I was an entirely different young man however than my son is now. It suited me. My son I believe is equally comfortable and content. That brings me great joy!

My wife and I work hard to live decently. She always has. I am learning as I go along. By some people's standards we live extravagantly. I consider our lifestyle yet to be simple. We are often apart; her job, my job, her sisters and friends, my friends. Still we share much. Like I said, we work hard to be decent people. She always has. That brings me great joy!

I don't travel much but I experience quite a bit in place. It seems even more so of late.

I am comforted by all these things. That brings me great joy!

Bill

1 comment: